I am offering reserved donation based tattoo sessions every month for specific people.
At this time there are spots for:
These sessions are donation based so to be accessible to marginalized clients.
If you are white, economically secure and privileged, and/or would just like to help give back thru my art, please consider donating for toward these sessions.
You can email me with subject line "donation" for info to donate :)
thank you for your support,
RESERVED TATTOO SESSIONS FOR BLACK AND INDIGENOUS FOLX
Starting 2020, I will be offering reserved tattoo sessions for Black and Indigenous folks 3-4 times monthly.
These sessions are donation based, you are welcome to pay what ever feels comfortable for you.
With our country's economic and resource gap rooted in systematic oppression and racism, there is a lack of accessibility and representation of Black and Indigenous bodies in tattoo culture.
I am hoping that these reserved sessions will help support folks in reclaiming their bodies and to celebrate their stories and joy.
All inquiries are on a first come first serve basis.
If you are interested in setting up a consultation please follow the link below:
If there are no spots available, they have already been booked. Please check back in a month or so as I open up new ones every 4-8 weeks.
Here are somethings to consider:
- Please keep in mind the nature of my tattooing work. I work only in black and grey.
- My favourite subject matters are flora/ fauna, mythology, etc. Please check out my portfolio at www.judeletronik.com or instagram: @judeletronik
- Since this is a donation based service. I can only tattoo for up to 3 hour session for one client during these sessions. This is to ensure that more people will have access to the service. If you want to continue the design as a bigger piece we will have to space out the time by 6 months, or you are welcome to book on my regular schedule.
- The studio I work out of has other artists working in the space at the same time.
Please email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “BIPOC Tattoo”
Include: an idea for the design you’d like, and where you'd like it to go on your body. Attach any reference photos you may have.
Please be patient, it may take up to a week for me to reply to the email.
Reclamation Tattoo service
Starting December 2018 and onwards, I will be offering scar cover-up tattoo services for womxn and LGBTQ folks who have scars resulting from domestic or sexual violence. I am hoping that this service will support folks in their healing, empowerment, and reclaiming one’s body from trauma.
This service will be offered once or twice a month and is free of charge. I hope to make the service accessible to folks who may not be able to afford the regular charges of tattoos. All inquiries are on a first come first serve basis and all information from clients are confidential. You are welcome to tell me as much or as little as you’d like. Please keep in mind that I may not be able to take on every client but will try to accommodate to the best of my ability.
Here are somethings to consider:
- Please keep in mind the nature of my tattooing work. I work only in black and grey. My favourite subject matters are flora/ fauna, mythology, etc. Please check out my portfolio at www.judeletronik.com or instagram: @judeletronik
- Some scars may have to wait a while for the skin to be ready to be tattooed over without causing complications in the healing process. This can take anywhere from 1-3 years. If we tattoo over it before it is ready, I can not guarantee the quality of the tattoo, and this may prevent the skin from healing properly.
- The purpose of the tattoo is to cover up the scars/ existing markings, the subject matter or concept of the tattoo is of the client’s choice. I will refuse to tattoo anything that doesn’t align with anti-oppression politics.
- Since this is a free of charge service, please keep in mind the time variation it may need to cover up the scars. Sessions maybe anywhere from 30 min - 5 hours. If the scar is small, we will work with a design that fully covers it. If the design is much bigger than the area that needs to be covered (extending into sleeves, etc.), the rest of the design will not be included as part of the free service. If you have any questions about this please don’t hesitate to ask me.
- The studio I work out of has other artists working in the space at the same time. If you need complete privacy I may be able to schedule in the morning or evening, please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate you.
If you or anyone you know may be in need of a cover-up service,
Please email inquiries to email@example.com with a subject line “Reclamation”
Include: a photo of the scar to be covered, how long the scars have been there, an idea for the design you’d like, and your availability during the week to come in for a consultation. Please be patient, it may take up to a week for me to reply to the email.
Thank you for inquiring.