Reclamation Tattoo service
Starting December 2018 and into 2019, I will be offering scar cover-up tattoo services for womxn and LGBTQ folks who have scars resulting from domestic or sexual violence. I am hoping that this service will support folks in their healing, empowerment, and reclaiming one’s body from trauma.
This service will be offered once or twice a month and is free of charge. I hope to make the service accessible to folks who may not be able to afford the regular charges of tattoos. All inquiries are on a first come first serve basis and all information from clients are confidential. You are welcome to tell me as much or as little as you’d like. Please keep in mind that I may not be able to take on every client but will try to accommodate to the best of my ability.
Here are somethings to consider:
- Please keep in mind the nature of my tattooing work. I work only in black and grey. My favourite subject matters are flora/ fauna, mythology, etc. Please check out my portfolio at www.judeletronik.com or instagram: @judeletronik
- Some scars may have to wait a while for the skin to be ready to be tattooed over without causing complications in the healing process. This can take anywhere from 1-3 years. If we tattoo over it before it is ready, I can not guarantee the quality of the tattoo, and this may prevent the skin from healing properly.
- The purpose of the tattoo is to cover up the scars/ existing markings, the subject matter or concept of the tattoo is of the client’s choice. I will refuse to tattoo anything that doesn’t align with anti-oppression politics.
- Since this is a free of charge service, please keep in mind the time variation it may need to cover up the scars. Sessions maybe anywhere from 30 min - 5 hours. If the scar is small, we will work with a design that fully covers it. If the design is much bigger than the area that needs to be covered (extending into sleeves, etc.), the rest of the design will not be included as part of the free service. If you have any questions about this please don’t hesitate to ask me.
- The studio I work out of has other artists working in the space at the same time. If you need complete privacy I may be able to schedule in the morning or evening, please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate you.
If you or anyone you know may be in need of a cover-up service,
Please email inquiries to email@example.com with a subject line “Reclamation”
Include: a photo of the scar to be covered, how long the scars have been there, an idea for the design you’d like, and your availability during the week to come in for a consultation. Please be patient, it may take up to a week for me to reply to the email.
Thank you for inquiring.